It’s Austrian Wine Time! Below you’ll find a list of participating stores & their individual promotions. Contact the store directly for more details & participation in any of the following events.
Noe Valley Wine & Spirits,San Francisco, CA
William Cross Wine Merchants, San Francisco, CA
- Austria Getting Dirty with Organic (Biodynamic) Wine featuring Weingut Zahel, Kolfolk, Straka, Wenzel, and Umathum. Date: TBD
Hi-Time Wine Cellars, Costa Mesa, CA
- Special feature pack of Austrian wine that will be gone over via Instagram Live on May 4 at 3pm on Instagram: Vntners, by Giuseppe Locasio and Aleks Zecevic.
The Wine Seller, Monument, CO
- April Wine Club Feature to include the following wines: Anton Bauer Ried Gmirk Gruner Veltliner, Anton Bauer Wagram Pinot Noir, Hillinger Small Hill Red , Netzl Zweigelt and Zum Martin Sepp Sepp Gruner Veltliner..
- “Beyond Gruner” Top Shelf Case Sampler – April, will feature the following wines: Meinklang Prosa Sparkling Rose, Burgenland; Schauer Sauvignon Blanc, Sudsteiermark; Anton Bauer Pinot Noir, Wagram; Hillinger Small Hill Red, Burgenland; Prieler Blaufrankisch, Burgenland; and Netzl Zweigelt, Carnuntum.
- Wine Dinner Pairing Austrian Wine and Asian Cuisine: Collaboration with long time restaurant partner, Chef Eric Viedt, co-owner and chef of The Margarita at Pine Creek in Colorado Springs to produce a multi-course wine pairing dinner for 40 patrons. Wines to be determined but will focus on a Gruner, Zweigelt Rose, and two classic reds. Dinner is Thursday, April 22nd at 6:30pm.
Mr. B’s Wine & Spirits, Denver, CO
- March 8th – All Austrian Wines on Sale!
- March 15th – Pratsch wines on sale
- March 22nd – Martin & Anna Arndorfer Sale
- March 29th – Gut Oggau wines on sale
- April 5th Meinklang wines on sale & Vitrual Tasting VIDEO!
- April 12th Ingrid Groiss Wine
- April 19th Hopler Wine Sale
- April 26th Fuchs und Hase sale continues
- May 3rd Tegernseerhof wines on sale!
- May 10th Heinrich Wines on sale
- May 17th All Austrian Wines on Sale AGAIN!
- Virtual tasting video will be in early April (TBD) and will focus on tasting 3 different wines from Meinklang wine farm in styles such as orange wine and pet nat.
- Feature Austrian Wine & Movies:
- Stay tuned to the newsletter + social media channels for info on pairing Austrian wines with different movies that either feature Austrian actors or directors, set in Austria, or anything else that can relate to the wonderful country of Austria. Plus they’ll talk about some regional dishes and try and what to wear while you watch.
Denver Wine Merchant, Denver, CO
- Feature of Austrian wine in center of store Throughout April, 2-3 authentic Austrian recipes with wine pairings will be featured on social media and website with thorough photos and instructions. Anyone that posts photos and tags Denver Wine Merchants with a recipe or wine they received and get a one time 10% off discount code.
Harry’s Wine and Liquor Market, Fairfield, CT
- Seminar date TBD taught by Eric Litchfield
- Series of Tastings:
- Introduction to Austrian Wine, 4/19/2021, 5:00PM Wines of Austria
- Peter Szigeti, 4/21/2021, 5:00 PM Niederösterreich
- Gernot Heinrich, 4/22/2021, 5:00 PM Neusiedlersee
- Georg Leindl, 4/23/2021, 5:00 PM Kamptal
- Landhaus Mayer, 4/24/2021, 5:00 PM Burgenland
- Fred Loimer, 4/26/2021, 5:00 PM Kamptal
- Markus Huber, 4/27/2021, 5:00 PM Traisental Valley
- Anton Bauer, 5/3/2021, 5:00 PM Wagram
- Karl Steininger, 5/4/2021, 5:00 PM Kamptal
- Martin Mittelbach, Tegernseerhof, 5/5/2021, 5:00 PM Wachau
- Jan Kux, Pratsch, 5/6/2021, 5:00 PM Weinviertel
- Fritz Miesbauer, Stadt Krems, 5/7/2021, 5:00 PM Kremstal
- Paul Direder, 5/10/2021, 5:00 PM Wagram
- Roland Steindorfer, 5/11/2021, 5:00 PM Burgenland
- Leo Hillinger, 5/12/2021, 5:00 PM Burgenland
- Christine Netzl, 5/13/2021, 5:00 PM Carnuntum
- Rudi Pichler, 5/14/2021, 5:00 PM Wachau
- Josef Bauer, 5/15/2021, 5:00 PM Wagram
- Bonus to the Promotion for Guests
- One guest chosen at random per Masterclass to receive an award of 2 bottles of staff-chosen Austrian wine.
- All of the guests attending the Austrian Masterclasses will be eligible to win a private online Masterclass featuring the best selling wines from the series for up to 24 guests on a date of their choosing for 6 months from award date.
Swirlery, Orlando, FL
- DAC-Distinguished Austrian Celebration: March 25, 2021
- Orlando Austrian Block party of the decade. Austrian Wine Tasting Raclette Cheese Party Live Art Austrian Tech
- Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dac-tickets-145089648043
Mr.D Wine Merchant LLC, Miami, FL
Perrine’s Wine Shop, Atlanta, GA
- Over 50 Austrian wines available for the month of April.
Geneva Wine Cellars, Westchester, IL
- Austrian Wine Tasting (online) presented by Chris Struck of three Austrian wines on April 22, 2021 at 6:00pmCST. Hour long tasting featuring 3 wines followed by Q & A. Tickets available through the shop.
The House of Glunz & The Glunz Tavern, Chicago, IL
- Wine tasting weekend will be on Friday, March 26 and Saturday, March 27 with a special education portion at 2:00pm on March 27th. Tasting menu will be featured in the backyard in April with select wines + recipes chosen from The Gourmet Old Vienna Cookbook.
Plum Market, Chicago, IL
- Revolving selection of Austrian wines:
- “Mad Picks”, which shows wines that Madeleine Triffon has chosen and written up.
- The other is for natural/organic/biodynamic/sustainable wines.
- Stay tuned for upcoming podcast with a special tasting opportunity
Lighthouse Wines & Spirits, Beverly, MA
- Enjoy 10% off a 6 bottle purchase of Austrian Wine
- Enjoy 20% off a 12 bottle purchase of Austrian Wine
- Austrian Wine Tasting April 27, 2021 at 7:00pm hosted by Aleks Zecevic
Downtown Crown Wine & Beer, Gaithersburg, MD
Fenwick Beer and Wine, Silver Spring, MD
Wells Discount Liquors, Baltimore, MD
State Line Liquors, Elkton, MD
Mills Fine Wine & Spirits, Annapolis, MD
Wine World Beer & Spirits, Abingdon, MD
Wine World LLC, Bel Air, MD
Dunkirk Wine & Spirits, Lothian, MD
The Wine Bin, Elliot City, MD
Iron Bridge Wine Company, Columbia, MD
Now You’re Cooking, Bath, ME
Bow Street Market, Freeport, ME
Cumberland Foodstop, Cumberland, ME
Sawyer’s Specialties, Harbor, ME
Maine & Vine, Kennebunk, ME
Blue Hill Wineshop, Blue Hill, ME
The Vault, Lewiston, ME
RSVP Discount Beverage, Portland, ME
Grippy Tannins, Portland, ME
Otherside Deli, Portland, ME
The Clown, York, ME
- Offering two Austrian wine packages:
- Hillinger Eveline Pinot Noir & Hillinger Pinot Gris, with tasting notes
- Anton Bauer Wagram Pinot Noir & Anton Bauer Gruner Veltliner Gmirk, with tasting notes
France 44, Minneapolis, MN
- Tasting with Jodi Stern (completed)
- Feature of Austrian wines
Just a Taste, St James, MO
Howard Street Wine Market, Omaha, NE
Amanti Vino, Montclair, NJ
Amanti Vino, Morristown, NJ
Flatiron Wines & Spirits, New York NY
Amaro Wine and Spirits, Brooklyn, NY
- Austrian wine seminar mid-April (Date TBD). Special Austrian wine selections provided throughout April.
Urban Uncorked, Brooklyn, NY
Wine Tonite, Woodbury, NY
Grape Collective, New York, NY
- Virtual tasting in April with three Austrian wines (purchase required to participate). Date TBD
- Featured interviews on site
Harlem Wine Gallery, Harlem, NY
- Six week tasting series of six wines. Priced separately or as a 6-pack for $159.99
- Tuesday 3/23 6:30PM
- Alzinger Durnstein Riesling with Joy Lindholm of Skurnik Wine & Spirits
- Saturday 3/27 1:00PM
- Stadt Krems Gruner Veltliner with Shop Owner Paul Kulik
- Tuesday 3/30 6:30PM Tasting
- Heinrich Zweigelt with Master Sommelier Jesse Becker
- Monday 4/5 6:30 PM
- Bernard Ott Gemischter Satz with Joy Lindholm of Skurnik Wine & Spirits
- Thursday 4/8 6:30PM
- Paul Achs Blaufrankisch with Shop Manager Alex P. Nelson
- Saturday 4/10 1:00PM
- Gross & Gross Sauvignon Blanc with Guest from Schatzi Imports
- Tuesday 3/23 6:30PM
Meadowsweet, Brooklyn, NY
Sea Grape Inc Dba Sea Grape Wine & Spirits, Brooklyn, NY
Bond Street Wines, Brooklyn, NY
- Series of 4 wine tastings from 4-8pm, respectively
- Saturday, March 20 – Reds
- Saturday, April 3 – Grüner Veltliner
- Saturday, April 17 – Riesling
- Saturday, May 1 – Other Whites
Some Good Wine, New York, NY
Windmill Wine & Spirits, Saugerties, NY
The Raleigh Wine Shop, Raleigh, NC
- Austrian wine month starting April 1st with new promotions every week!
- Week 1: Starting April 1, offering “Austrian Wine Tour” 6-pack featuring six different wines from around the country, focusing on key varietals, styles, and regions including: Grüner Veltliner, Riesling, a traditional aromatic white blend, Blaufränkisch, Zweigelt, and a dessert wine. The pack will also include materials.
- Week 2: Cooking through Austria on social media series. Tune in to watch staff members prepare dishes that pair perfectly with Austrian wines you can buy in-store!
- Week 3: Austrian wine tasting hosted by Klaus Wittauer April 23, 2021 at 6:00pm
- Week 4: Austrian Bin Sale with specially priced wines from April 24-30.
- Virtual Wine & Cheese Pairing class of Austrian wines on April 9th, at 6pm.
Great Grapes, Cary, NC
Pedaler Wine & Beer, Raleigh, NC
Short Walk Wines, Raleigh, NC
Vin Master, Charlotte, NC
The Fig Tree Restaurant, Charlotte, NC
Louella Wine Beer and Beverage, Durham, NC
- Featuring in house wine flights, retail packs, and special Coravin BTG options pulled from our cellar to highlight the great Austrian Wine world.
Guglhupf, Durham, NC
Fearrington Village, Fearrington, NC
- April in Austria Wine Shop Takeover! A rotating selection of Austrian wines all month, covering the usual suspects (Grüner Veltliner & Zweigelt) and the lesser-known varietals (St. Laurent & Rotgifler).
- 4/11 Wine Class — What Goes Together: German & Austrian Wines & Cheeses
- May “Beltie Bottle” Wine Club packages featuring indigenous grapes of Osterreich
- 5/2 Wine Class with Klaus Wittauer — virtual wine class featuring two wineries from KW Selection, discussing the range of Austrian wines, from every-day wines to age-worthy bottles
- Austrian wines BTG at Fearrington House Restaurant
- For more information about our wine events, please visit: https://www.fearrington.com/events/
Heinens, Lakewood, OH
Bloomsday Café, Philadelphia, OH
- Monthly wine club ‘Fancy Wine Club’ will consist of 3 bottles of Burgenland wine for each member. (Heidi Schrock, Markus Altenberger, and Thomas Hareter)
- Wine by-the-glass list will be dedicated to a rotating sections of Austrian wines.
Charlestown Wine & Spirits, Charlestown, RI
Urban Wren, Greenville, SC
Side Street Hospitality ~ Otto’s German Bistro ~ La Bergerie, Fredericksberg, TX
- In collaboration with the Texas Wine & Food Alliance, for the month of April through May 14th there will be two event promotions.
- A retail focused event for La Bergerie will feature a curated 6 pack of Austrian wine available through the month of April for $185 with associated content to be distributed over a 6-week period of time with a portion of the proceeds going to a wine-focused grant to be distributed by the Austin Food and Wine Alliance later this year. Wines included (alongside 40-minute, pre-recorded info sessions):
- A restaurant focused event for Otto’s will feature by-the-glass specials and bottles for sale both in store and to go with associated food pairings April 1- May 15th.
Veritas Wine Room, Dallas, TX
- Email Bradley Anderson <email@example.com> for registration to seminars
- $30 Wine Club for the month of March: Laurenz V Singing Gruenr Veltliner ’19 & Weingut Fred Loimer “Lois” Gruner Veltliner ’19
- $60 Wine Club for the month of March: Rudi Pichler Federspiel Gruner Veltliner ’19 & Rudi Pichler Terrassen Gruner Veltliner ’19
- Virtual Wine Tasting with Dieter Huebler of Laurenz V on Saturday, March 20th at 4pm. We are going to get Gruner-ized!
- $120 Wine Club for the Month of April: Rudi Pichler GV Weissen Achleiten & a few surprises
- Epic Tasting No. 81: Austria on Saturday, March 27th at 4:30pm (don’t have lineup yet)
- Rotating Austrian By the Glass Selections
The Wine Cabinet, Reston, VA
- Offering a discounted 6-pack of Austrian wine entitled “Intro to Austria: Spring 2021” including handouts to educate you on Austrian wine. Over 40 SKUS are regularly offered in the store.
- Zoom Wine Tasting on Sunday, March 28 with Austrian Importer Klaus Wittauer of KWSelections, to taste thru 3 different wines available for purchase in the store.
The Wine Attic, Clifton, VA
The Swiss Bakery, Springfield, VA
Chain Bridge Cellars, McLean, VA
Oakton Wine Shop, Oakton, VA
Unwined/Revel, Belle View, VA
Unwined, Alexandria, VA
- For every bottle of Austrian wine purchased at either Unwined location or in the Web Store mid-March 15-May 15, 2021, you’ll be entered to compete in our Thursday 5/20, 8pm Trivia night with top prize $300 Unwined gift card and a free Austrian wine tasting for all who attend.
Vienna Vintner, Vienna, VA
Wine Gourmet, Roanoke, VA
Rincome Thai Cuisine, Arlington, VA
Euro Bistro, Herndon, VA
Balducci’s, Alexandria, VA
Washington Street Purveyors, Lexington, VA
Lost Dog Cafe, Arlington, VA
Vinosity, Culpepper, VA
The Little Wine Shop, Chester, VA
Trummer’s, Clifton, VA
Lost Dog Cafe, McLean, VA
Crystal Spring Grocery Co., Roanoke, VA
Norwich Wines & Spirits, Norwich, VT
Brownsville Butcher & Pantry, Windsor, VT
Cheese and Wine Traders, Burlington, VT
- Specialty 6-packs available https://www.cheeseandwinetraders.com/products/c-wt-austrian-wine-six-packs
Red Fox Shop, Wilmington, VT
Windham Wines, Windham VT
- March 27th, 4:00: Weingut Netzl, with Cristiana Netzl, as part of our Women Winemakers series. Tasting two reds with her: Zweigelt and a blend of Zweigelt, Blaufrankisch and Merlot
- May 20th, 7:30: Gruner Veltliner, with Klaus Wittauer– 3 entry-level Gruner from the Wagram (Bauer), Kamptal (Steininger) and Wachau (Tegernseerhof)
- May 27th, 7:30: Single Vineyard Gruners, with Klaus– same three producers
- June 10th, 7:30: Austrian rosés, with Klaus– Mittelbach, Zweigelt (Kremstal) and Steininger, CS (Kamptal)
The Wine & Cheese Depot, Ludlow, VT
Woodstock Farmers’ Market, Woodstock VT
Waterford Wine & Spirits, Milwaukee, WI
- Virtual Austrian Wine Series hosted weekly March 11 – April 8, 2021.
- Free, but registration for each is here: https://waterfordwine.com/product/austrianspring/
- Thursday, March 11, 6 pm: Green Austria: Cutting-edge Whites from the Austrian-Slovenian Border
- Thursday, March 18, 6 pm: Nature Made, Limited Only by Nature, The Wines of Gernot und Heike Heinrich
- Thursday, March 25, 6 pm: Honesty, Integrity, and Beauty, the wines of Weingut Gobelsburger
- Thursday, April 1, 6 pm: “Kissing Cousins – the Two Veltliners of Austria”
- Thursday, April 8, 6 pm: “Without question some of the most hauntingly beautiful wines in the world”: The Wines of Nikolaihof
Waterford Wine & Spirits (2), Delafield, WI